Big Cooking Day

I only had class from 9-12 today so I decided to make a couple of dishes to last me until the weekend. First, I stir fried some of the vegetables I had in my fridge: broccoli, red pepper, onion, carrots. I mixed in some of the sweet tomato chilli sauce leftover from cooking with Heather when I first moved into Kelvinhaugh.


I start off with green onion and garlic, and then I added the rice with a little bit of water. 


All nice and brown from a little bit of soy sauce! I added some ketchup. Western style fried rice.



Vegetables are thrown back into the pan. I had a quick plate of fried rice and then it was back to more cooking!


Leftovers!


Prep for the soup in my little slow cooker. Boiling water and everything in at the same time and just let it sit! I soaked the barley mixture for a bit, but not that long since it will spend a lot of time simmering.

Fresh herbs (milk and butter) make everything taste so much better. With the meat, I put in carrots, onions, and LOTS of mushrooms but you can't see because I cut most of it super fine.


I popped it into the oven and put it under the grill for the last bit to get the peaks browned. All done and in the fridge for tomorrow!


Everything's ready in the slow cooker! I saved some leftover rice to put in with my soup.


Chicken broth!

0 comments: